Cinq Chansons Folkloriques D'Guadeloupeby Electo Silva
A wonderful set of five folksongs with French lyrics, your choir will find these easy to learn and your audience will find them a pleasure to listen to!
1. Pitit an moin (My Little Child): When my child asks me to give him milk, I give him something good to eat. Sleep, little one; your father is gond. Your lonely mother is in misery… Your lonely mother must hurry now.
2. Dou manman (Dear Mother): Dear mother, do you remember when you hugged me? Every night the good Lord made me fall asleep. Father is leaving with his canoe to fish in the blue sea of Miquelan. The radio has announced a cyclone.
3. Vakans’ rive (Vacation is Starting): This song tells of the children (Ro and Fanot) flying a kite, hiding behind a tree, betting marbles, eating sugarcane juice, looking for firewood, walking on stilts, and cooking mollusks.
4. Papillon vole (Fly, Butterfly): The carnival has come. Everyone hurries to see the masks. The dance will be starting soon with the first sound of music. We will fly like butterflies.
5. Vaval (Carnival): Carnival, do not leave us. Our life is hard. We have come for singing and dancing.