Here's how it works...
• Students explore and discover new concepts.
• Each concept is used in a variety of ways including opportunities for creativity.
• Creative experimentation encourages students to compose.
• Listening examples are interwoven throughout the book and presented on cassette tape or CD recording. Students make the "eye and ear" connections with the score.
• CDs or Cassette tapes are provided to allow listening to be done outside of lesson time -- at home or in theory classes.
• Explore sections allow students to analyze the musical score with "eye and ear" and work creatively with musical ideas.
• Explore Bonus sections offer the curious student a challenge, providing motivation to work beyond what is already presented.
• Beyond the Page sections offer opportunities to link the student's current repertoire directly to the concepts developed in Explorations In Music.
• A Teacher's Guide is correlated to each student book, providing many extra creative activities and assignments. The complete student page appears with hand-written answers to help parents, teachers or students easily correct theory pages.