Vocal Production - the base on which all other skills are built. During this initial step in the development process singers begin to:
- Develop breath support, correct posture, and diction.
- Create an awareness of facial space and establish a good sound.
- Extend range, sustain vowels, and sing through the break with a variety of vocalizes and exercises.
- Learn how to overcome the problems peculiar to the adolescent male voice.
Music Literacy - the crucial link between producing sound and beginning to understand, enjoy and create music. The middle step toward vocal musicianship includes:
- Sight-reading tips, techniques for rhythm, and pitch recognition.
- A guide for choosing appropriate literature.
Artistic Creativity - the ultimate goal of every music teacher is to create an artistic musician. The final step in the pyramid contains:
- Exercises to encourage phrasing and expressive singing.
- Suggestions for increasing sensitivity to the text.
In addition to these basic building blocks, the complete pyramid kit includes:
- Teacher's book with creative hints, suggestions, and in-depth explanations not found on the student pages.
- Duplicating privileges for the student pages, so you can print enough for your entire class.
- Accompaniments (include transpositions) for over 20 vocalizes and warm-up exercises.