The Neil A. Kjos Music Company publishes educational music primarily for schools, churches, and private music studios.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- All music and text must be original or in the public domain. Material that is protected by copyright will only be considered if permission from the copyright owner is included. If the material is arranged from a public domain source, please include a copy of the original source material.
- We do not accept submissions that are under review elsewhere.
- Electronic submissions are not permitted, except as noted below.
- If you would like your submissions returned to you after review, please include a self-addressed, stamped mailer with your submission materials.
- The length of time it takes to review a submission can vary. We will advise you of the approximate time the process will take upon submission.
- All submissions should include:
- Conductor Score
- Recording (MIDI recordings are acceptable, but LIVE recordings are preferred)
- Resume and/or Biographical Sketch
- Brief Statement discussing why you believe your music may be of interest to students and teachers
- Choral: We publish octavos and educational materials for use in sacred and secular settings. We are not accepting submissions for vocal solos, nor for works accompanied by large instrumentation. For Choral submissions only, electronic submissions are encouraged (a PDF of the score, and live Mp3 recording if available). Files may be submitted here.
- Piano/Keyboard: We are currently accepting submissions for early-elementary through intermediate levels. Composers should submit at least five different works, in a variety of grade levels. Currently, we are not accepting submissions for Organ.
- String Orchestra: String music composed or arranged for students in elementary school through high school is of special interest. Currently, we are not accepting submissions for full orchestra, chamber ensembles, or solo repertoire.
- Concert Band: Our Concert Band reviews take place in the Spring. All submissions must be received by March 15th.
- Jazz: For Jazz submissions only, electronic submissions are encouraged (a PDF of the score, and live Mp3 recording if available). Files may be submitted here.
You may send your submission materials to:
Neil A. Kjos Music Company
P.O. Box 178270
San Diego, CA 92177-8270
To ask a question about submissions, click here.